|Home page Interview|
Axar.az presents an exclusive interview with illusionist and establisher of first illusionist courses in Azerbaijan Elkhan Mammadov a.k.a. Elkhan L Mefisto.
– Introduce yourself.
– My name is Elkhan Mammadov a.k.a. Elkhan L Mefisto.
I am illusionist who has participated in “Yetenek Sizsiniz” contest of Turkey and other contests. I have started my trip to show the power of this art. I won “Azerbaijan Got Talent” TV contest, brought new tricks to this art and became an author of them. Also, I am establisher of illusionist courses in Azerbaijan.
– How did you go to Italy? Has someone invited you?
– We have created a chance for Illusion Federation and Street Illusion Federations of Italy to follow our stage shows and street shows by translating them. They told us that they liked it and would like to see our show in Italy. They have also invited me to be a member of their federation. I hope I will become the member of federation after voting. We are performing with my team in the streets and stages of Italy.
– At which countries did you show your performance?
– Of course, we went to Milano city of Italy. After that, we continued our trip to Prague and then Budapest. We could perform and welcomed at every city we went.
– What has impressed you in Milano?
– Of course, illusion has big goals according to its performance place. We had 2 stage performances here. We have enjoyed and started street shows after we saw how comfortable people were. When we stopped people in the street and invited them to watch our illusion performance they accepted it with great pleasure. And this shows peak development of street illusion branch of illusion art. People did not get shy or surprised when we recorded our performance. This was the proof of coziness of people and this is what impressed us in Milano. I have completed my membership to Street Illusions Federation, so I will perform here in the future.
– What’s attitude of Europeans towards illusion?
– Most interesting thing here is hospitality and love of illusion of Europeans. We can say that people are fans of this art here and they value illusion as a real art. We will continue our shows in Europe. People are not bothered by the camera and I like it as an illusionist. We will bring students of our course to these shows in the future.
– What about ethics of Illusion?
– People have enough knowledge about illusion and they can value it as an art. Instead of brainstorming they are just having fun. This is how illusion show should be watched. We have such people in our country too.
– Can you talk about your future plans in our country?
– I can say that great shock waits Azerbaijan with a great pleasure. We are working on big projects. Our shows will be traditional in Azerbaijan just like we have done in Europe. Because there is great demand for such projects but it was risky for us in recent years. Azerbaijani people did not get used to watching stage illusion performance. They have watched just from TV or the internet. Nevertheless watching it online is the different experience. We are working on illusion projects which have never seen in the world before and our people will be the first ones who will witness it. Everyone will understand that Azerbaijan also has great and strong illusionists. We will perform in the streets of Azerbaijan too.
– What would you like to say to the followers of our website?
– I am grateful for everyone’s attention. I need the support of our people as an Azerbaijani man. I always feel Azerbaijan with me and when I get applauses, I think these applauses are for Azerbaijan. Because the first ones who watched and supported were our people. That’s why I will always be thankful to all of you. Follow me and witness great shocks. Those who wants to remain updated follow my Instagram account elkhan_el_mefisto or Facebook account Elkhan L Mefisto. Best of luck to everyone.
2017.04.03 / 12:12