|Home page Interview|
Axar.az presents an exclusive interview with spiritual musician Said Izmayilzada a.k.a. Mister Häppy.
– Introduce yourself.
– I am Said Ismayilzada, a.k.a. Mister Häppy. I have graduated from violin class of Baku Music Academy and took vocal classes simultaneously. Right now both of my skills help me and I have my own compositions.
– What is the source of your unusual style?
– I have heard the style I chose at yoga class. I could not understand it first, but after some time I saw that I play it with love. These songs calm human soul, gives comfortableness and I travel to different world when I play them.
– Why this style?
– I have played in classical, jazz, popular styles, but none of them could feed my soul like this one. This kind of songs develop me spiritually, takes me to deep and weird parts of my soul.
– How does the community react to your style, if we will take into account that this kind of song is not famous in Azerbaijan?
– Of course spiritual songs or songs from other genres cannot be liked by everyone in Azerbaijan or in any other country. More people more taste and point of view. My purpose is earning my own audience by these songs and I am trying hard for it, the rest is not my responsibility. I can’t be liked by everyone as a musician and human, so I chose my direction and focused on songs I want to play. It is very important and valuable for me.
– Does your job bring you money, is it possible to earn?
– I would not say profit. For now, priority is reaching more people. I don’t have a big audience in Baku, but it will increase by time and after that salary also will increase.
– Do you think this genre can be famous like rock, pop or hip – hop?
– No one can say that. Hip – hop, rock or any other genre has been created once, faced some changes and became famous. Who knows what will happen in future. However, I think diversity is important because in this case choice rate of people expands and choosing which concert or spectacle to go depends on people. Diversity is important to make it happen. To start something new demands a courage. I consider myself courageous. Most important thing is I believe myself and this belief will unite me with a bigger audience. I am sure about it.
2017.04.24 / 12:24