Axar.az
UP
27 May 2018


Turkey issues detention order for 34 former TV personnel

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Turkey issued detention warrants on Wednesday for 34 former personnel of the state-owned broadcaster TRT in an investigation targeting supporters of the U.S.-based cleric accused of being behind last July's failed coup, state media said.

Axar.az reports citing Reuters.

All 34 were suspected users of ByLock, an encrypted messaging app the government says was used by cleric Fetullah Gulen's followers, state-run Anadolu news agency reported. They were previously dismissed due to alleged links to the putsch.

In a separate operation, police detained 14 non-commissioned army officers early on Wednesday in six provinces in an investigation into the coup attempt, Dogan news agency said.

About 50,000 people have been jailed pending trial and some 150,000 state workers including teachers, judges and soldiers, have been suspended in the crackdown under emergency rule which was imposed soon after the attempted military takeover.

Date
2017.07.12 / 14:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia - Photo

Maduro meets US senator amid flare-up in tensions

Azerbaijan has made extraordinary height of achievements

Georgian envoy hails excellent relations with Turkey

Putin backs Spanish integrity

Myanmar’s finance minister resigns amid probe

Program of French FM’s visit to Azerbaijan announced

Pressuring Erdogan over S-400 won't produce results for US

Governor of the State of Goiás has sent a letter to Baku

UK backs call to hold Russia responsible in MH17 case

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla