|Home page Society|
The draft law on amendments to the Migration Code was discussed in the extraordinary session of the Azerbaijani Parliament on June 14.
Chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament's Legal Policy and State Building Committee, Ali Huseynli presented the draft law.
According to the article #37.12 annexed to the Migration Code, the rules of issuing e-visas for foreigners and stateless persons arriving in Azerbaijan are set out in the article #38 as following:
- Foreigners and stateless persons arriving in Azerbaijan will be able to obtain e-visas through the ASAN Visa system. The period of stay with a single-entry visa is up to 30 days.
The system of "ASAN Visa" sends the appeal to the interagency automated retrieval system "Entry-exit and registration". The relevant executive authority verifies the information not later than three days from the time of appeal in "ASAN Visa", checks restriction list of the "Entry-exit and registration".
- Foreigners and stateless persons, who wish to receive an e-visa, must enter information into the system of "ASAN Visa", and after receipt on acceptance of confirmation pay online a state fee in the amount prescribed by law "On state duty".
- Then a visa is sent to the e-mail address of the contact person. In case of failure the person is also informed.
- The electronic visas are not stuck in the passport but presented together with the passport while crossing the border check-point.
- If there are cases prohibiting entry of foreigners and stateless persons to the Republic of Azerbaijan as envisaged in the article #16.1 of the Code, the appeal for e-visa is rejected, issued visa is canceled and person is prohibited from entering the country. New appeal can be checked after elimination of these cases.
- Foreigners and stateless persons may apply for a new e-visa only after they will leave Azerbaijan.
Ali Huseynli said that “ASAN Visa” system will be applied from summer this year.
The draft law was put up for voting and approved.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on June 1 signed a decree on simplification of e-visas issuance procedure and the creation of the ASAN Visa system.
2016.06.14 / 18:39