UP

Arda Turan leaves police HQ after interrogation

Home page Sports
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Arda Turan leaves police HQ after interrogation

A prosecutor in Istanbul's Beşiktaş district issued an arrest warrant late Thursday for Turkish footballer Arda Turan over charges of willful and malicious injury and threatening with a gun in a spat with pop singer Berkay.

Turkan was taken to the Beşiktaş police headquarters and left after three hours of interrogation.

Earlier this week, Turan attacked Berkay at an Istanbul nightclub and broke his nose, according to a Habertürk report.

According to the report, Turkish pop singer Berkay was with his wife, Özlem Ada Şahin, at an establishment in upscale Emirgan neighborhood when the incident happened.

Şahin told Habertürk reporter Esin Övet that Turan said he would have liked to make a move on her if he were not married to his current wife, Aslıhan Doğan.

Before Berkay had an opportunity to respond, Turan attacked the pop singer, who was then taken directly to the hospital for surgery, Şahin said.

In a bizarre sequence of events, Turan then went to the hospital where the singer was being treated clutching a gun and begging to be shot and forgiven, Habertürk said.

Turan later took to Twitter to explain the situation, stating that it was just a misunderstanding, not a matter of honor, and that both parties sorted it out.

Troublemaker Turan in May was fined $9,200 and banned for a record 16 matches after attacking an assistant referee during a Turkish Super League match.

The Medipol Başakşehir midfielder was referred to the PFDK for charges of actions against sportsmanship, insulting and threatening in the match against Sivasspor on May 8.

In 2017, Turan was forced to take a break from his career after being sacked from the Turkish national football team squad by then-manager Fatih Terim upon verbally and physically assaulting a Turkish sports journalist on a plane that was carrying the national team from Macedonia's Skopje to Italy's Trieste.

Date
2018.10.11 / 22:55
Author
Axar.az
See also

Misli Premier League final round schedule announced

Garabag sign French winger Muaddibi until 2029

Mourinho makes deal with Real Madrid

Vincent Aboubakar transfer from Neftchi to Bursaspor

LASK win Austrian title after 60-year wait

Azerbaijan’s UEFA representatives for 2026/27 confirmed

Title-winning Sabah lift Misli Premier League trophy

Ronaldo refuses runner-up medal after Al-Nassr loss

LASK crowned Austrian champions after a 61-year wait

Neftchi secures European spot as league concludes

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla