Axar.az
UP
20 February 2018


Google formally rejects EU antitrust charges

Home page Technology
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Alphabet (GOOGL.O) unit Google rejected on Thursday EU antitrust charges of unfairly promoting its shopping service and blocking rivals in online search advertising, saying there was no factual, legal or economic basis to the accusations.

Google's general counsel Kent Walker said on a blog that the European Commission's shopping case was based on a theory that was not in line with market reality.

"We never compromised the quality or relevance of the information we received. On the contrary, we improved it. That isn't 'favoring' - that's listening to our customers," Walker said.

His comments came as the company formally replied to the two charges, one of which it received in April last year and the other in July this year, earlier on Thursday.

Date
2016.11.03 / 22:28
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

NASA's Hubble historically witnesses Neptune's storm dying - Video

Belgian court orders Facebook to stop secret tracking

Apple ‘text bomb’ to crash your iPhone with just one letter

New video game touts real cryptocurrency prize

Google removes 'view image' button from search results

Stunning PHOTO of an atom visible to the naked eye

UK blames Russia for NotPetya ransomware cyberattack

Boston dynamics teaches robots to open doors, cooperate - Video

Hackers used Telegram to deliver mining bots to PCs

Samsung Vice Chair released from jail

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla