22 March 2018

8000 civilians evacuated from Aleppo

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Close to 8,000 civilians have been evacuated from the Syrian city of Aleppo with a sixth convoy currently "en route to safety", a Turkish official said on Friday.

Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Twitter that close to 8,000 civilians had been evacuated in the first five convoys.

The evacuation, from the last rebel bastion in Aleppo, began on Thursday under a ceasefire deal brokered by Turkey and Russia that would end years of fighting for the city and mark a major victory for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

2016.12.16 / 11:22
See also

Iran in ‘technical compliance’ with nuclear deal

New American trade deal ‘eminently possible’

UK may be behind ex-spy chemical attack

Israel army refortifying border with Gaza

UN seeks rare labor probe against Venezuela

I would have 'beat the hell out of him': Biden on Trump

Turkish deputy PM points out risks in cryptocurrencies

WH confirms US considers new sanctions against Russia

Questions for London about Skripal’s poisoning keep piling up

Russian, NATO generals agree to meet

Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla