Axar.az
UP
19 January 2018


5 militants killed, 6 wounded as Afghan forces attack

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

At least 5 militants were killed and 6 others were wounded after the Afghan forces repulsed a coordinated attack on security check posts in eastern Nangarhar province.

Axar.az informs, the provincial police commandment in a statement said the militants launched a coordinated attack on the security posts in Surkh Rod district late on Saturday afternoon. The statement further added that the offensive by the militants was successfully repulsed by the Afghan forces, leaving at least 5 militants dead and 6 others wounded.

According to the local security authorities, the Afghan forces and local residents did not suffer any casualties in the attack. The anti-government armed militant groups including the Taliban insurgents have not commented regarding the report so far.

Nangarhar is among the relatively peaceful provinces in eastern Afghanistan but the anti-government armed militant groups including the Taliban insurgents and loyalists of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group have increased to their insurgency activities in some remote districts of the province during the recent months.

Date
2016.12.18 / 16:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
loading...
See also

Ex-Catalan leader says can govern from Belgium

National accused of espionage in Russia never worked for CIA

Duterte to ban on Filipino workers being sent to Kuwait

Saakashvili meets with Odesa residents

UAE omits Qatar from world map amid airspace row

Two boys arrested for killing half million bees in US

No threats to Turkey will be tolerated

NATO's deputy head to visit Turkey

Turkey will carry out military operation in Afrin

French police clash with striking prison guards

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla