Axar.az
UP
16 July 2018


Six migrants die in Mediterranean, 300 rescued

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Rescuers saved around 300 migrants from rubber and wooden boats in the Mediterranean on Wednesday but recovered six dead bodies during the operations, the Italian coastguard said.

Axar.az informs, coastguard and naval ships as well as two privately owned tugs rescued the people from four boats in the central Mediterranean, the coastguard said in a statement. It gave no details on the nationalities of those saved or those who died.

Most of the more than 4,700 deaths in the Mediterranean counted by the International Organization for Migration so far this year were reported in crossings to Italy from Libya, where traffickers have taken advantage of lawlessness to set up profitable businesses.

Date
2016.12.21 / 22:58
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

UK minister quits over lewd messages to women

Trump arrives in Helsinki for summit meeting with Putin

Matches of World Cup in Russia visited by over 3 mln people

Key FETO suspect brought back to Turkey

Streets of Paris to celebrate World Cup 2018 victory

FIFA World Cup in Russia one of best organized ever

Army resolute on terror eradication, Syria liberation

Turkish plan to buy Russian S-400 systems risk for NATO

Najaf police chief sacked over protests

After coup bid, Germany becomes safe haven for FETO

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla