Axar.az
UP
16 January 2018


"It does not matter where terror had happened"

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Turkey will remain resolute in its fight against all forms of terrorism in 2017, both at home and abroad, Turkey's deputy prime minister said Monday.

Axar.az reports that, “By using our full national capacity, we will bring all terror groups -- without any distinction -- to their knees, with the support of our people,” Numan Kurtulmus told reporters after a cabinet meeting in Ankara.

His remarks came after a New Year's nightclub attack in Istanbul's Ortakoy district that killed 39 people and left another 69 wounded, according to officials.

Kurtulmus confirmed that eight people had been detained in connection with the attack, adding that security forces were still working to identify the attacker, who remains at large.

He also suggested that Saturday night's deadly attack came as a reaction to the success of the Turkish army's ongoing Operation Euphrates Shield, the main objective of which is to eradicate terrorist threats in northern Syria near the border with Turkey.

Date
2017.01.02 / 21:24
Author
Axar.az
Comments
loading...
See also

New sanctions against Russia to be unveiled on January 29

Cryptocurrencies may disappear in few years

Philippines volcano begins spewing lava

Serbian politician reportedly killed in Kosovo

Putin's victory in the elections is inevitable

School bus crashes into wall in Germany, 20 injured

Syrian rebels plead the US to supply more weapons via CIA

Bridge collapse in Colombia kills 10

Trump leaves Melania and Barron out in the cold - Photo

Johnson calls threat by N Korea biggest in nuclear age

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla