Axar.az
UP
17 January 2018


4 more detained over deadly attack

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Police arrested in Turkey's southern province of Adana Wednesday four more suspects in connection with a deadly bomb attack against off-duty Turkish soldiers in central Anatolian province of Kayseri, according to the security sources.

Axar.az reports that, the sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media, said four more people were detained in Adana, bringing the total number of detained suspects to 27.

On Dec. 17, a suicide car bomb attack hit a public bus in the central Anatolian city of Kayseri, martyring 14 soldiers and wounding 55 others.

Last week, Kayseri Governor Suleyman Kamci told reporters 23 suspects had been detained as part of the ongoing investigation.

Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus has said all signs pointed to the involvement of the PKK terrorist group in the attack.

The PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU – resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015. More than 300 civilians and about 850 security personnel since have been martyred. More than 9,000 PKK terrorists have been killed or apprehended.

Date
2017.01.04 / 21:14
Author
Axar.az
Comments
loading...
See also

Israel mulls army control over East J’lem neighborhood

8 people killed, injured in two bomb blasts in Baghdad

Turkish military aircraft crashes, 3 soldiers dead

YPG/PKK terrorists admit coordination with US in Syria

UK PM appoints ‘minister for loneliness’

NATO’s Deputy Secretary General to visit Turkey next week

Zhirinovsky advises US 'to leave Olympus'

Date to move US embassy to Jerusalem announced

7 Buddhists killed in clashes with police in Myanmar

Allies warn North Korea’s nuclear program must end

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla