Axar.az
UP
23 July 2017


Zuckerberg addresses 'Facebook killing'

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Facebook's chief has paid his respects to the family of a man whose killing was filmed and posted onto its site.

Axar.az reports that "Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Robert Godwin Sr," said Mark Zuckerberg near the start of Facebook's annual F8 developers conference.

His social network had been criticised over the amount of time it had taken to take the clip offline. About an hour before the event got underway, police had revealed that the murder suspect had killed himself.

Steve Stephens had been the subject of a national manhunt. He was believed to have uploaded a video to Facebook showing his killing of 74-year-old Mr Godwin in Cleveland on Sunday and then boasting on subsequent Facebook Live streams that he had killed others.

Facebook subsequently acknowledged it had taken it more than two hours to remove the clips after the first video was posted, despite it having received complaints in the interim.

"We have a lot of work and we will keep doing all we can to prevent tragedies like this from happening," added Mr Zuckerberg.

Date
2017.04.19 / 10:12
Author
Axar.az
Comments
Загрузка...
See also

US intel data show Qatari news agency had been hacked

Iraqi VP to meet with Putin, senior officials

Syrian warplanes strike near Damascus despite ceasefire

Rocket fired from Gaza, explodes en route to Israel

UN Security Council to hold urgent meeting on Jerusalem

Former spy officials criticize Trump's stance on Russia

Iraqi forces: Dozens of IS militants killed in air raid

If Turkey to buy s-400 it would be concern for US

Trump says he has ‘complete power’ to pardon

Russia's State Duma delegation to make trip to Syria

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla