Axar.az
UP
19 July 2018


5 terrorists in SE Turkey surrender

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Five terrorists in southeastern Turkey surrendered to security forces, said the Turkish army and governor’s office on Sunday.

Axar.az reports that according to a Turkish General Staff statement, four terrorists that fled hideouts in northern Iraq surrendered to security forces in Sirnak’s Silopi district in southeastern Turkey on Saturday.

More than 1,200 people, including security force personnel and civilians, have lost their lives since the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015.

Separately, one terrorist on Sunday surrendered to security forces in southeastern Hakkari province.

According to the governor’s office, the terrorist surrendered in Hakkari’s Zap area with “no arms or equipment”.

An investigation has been launched into the incident.

Date
2017.07.23 / 18:19
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

White House: 'Threat' from Russia still exists

Trump says Russia no longer targeting US

‘Aggressive’ Montenegro could cause WWIII

Trump asked 8 times to meet Iran president at UN last year

4th International Real Estate Exhibition to be held in Baku

Japan pressures TPP Countries to Bring Pact Into Force

Juncker Plan surpasses investment target of €315B

Turkish court rules to keep terror-linked US pastor in jail

Rohingya about to become the wretched of the earth

Congress wants Trump’s translator to reveal what he told

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla