Axar.az
UP
19 October 2018


Ice hotel caught fire in Canada

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The hotel's manager was shocked when he got the call.

Axar.az reports citing CBC.

Quebec City’s Village Vacances Valcartier winter park ice hotel had quite the scare on Tuesday morning when a small fire broke out in one of the 45 guest rooms.

"When I received the phone call they had to repeat twice that there was a fire in the ice hotel," manager Jacques Desbois told.

Luckily for those inside, the fire remained contained to the one guest room and was extinguished. However, while the physical flames only damaged that room, smoke from the fire did enter the rest of the hotel, affecting guest along the way. Several guests were reportedly treated at a nearby hospital for smoke inhalation.

Even after the flames went out and the smoke cleared, how the fire started remained quite a mystery. The fire was reported to have started when a candle fell on a guest’s sleeping bag.

Date
2018.01.11 / 12:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Israel Canada buys Tel Aviv seafront lot

Algeria bans niqabs in the workplace

Helicopter crashes on US carrier in Pacific

Syrian ambassador hopes Assad will visit Russia

Earthquake jolts Turkey

Legendary photographer loses battle for life at 90

Islamic State takes over 700 hostages in Syria

Greek Foreign Affairs minister Nikos Kotzias resigns

Saakashvili ordered the billionaire's death

Canada legalizes recreational marijuana

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla