Axar.az
UP
19 October 2018


Pentagon confirms false Hawaii missile alert

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The U.S. Department of Defense confirmed Saturday that a missile alert to Hawaiians was sent by mistake.

Axar.az reports citing Turkish media.

In a statement, the Pentagon said: “The U.S. Pacific Command has detected no ballistic missile threat to Hawaii. Earlier message was sent in error. The state of Hawaii will send out a correction message as soon as possible.”

The Hawaii Emergency Management Agency tweeted earlier that no missile threat existed.

Earlier on Saturday, locals in Hawaii received a text message read in all capital letters “Ballistic Missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek immediate shelter. This is not a drill.”

The alert, which came in the wake of nuclear threats between the U.S. and North Korea, caused widespread panic among the locals.

Richard Rapoza, the spokesman for the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency, said that it was a false alert and the agency was trying to determine what happened.

Date
2018.01.14 / 10:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Israel Canada buys Tel Aviv seafront lot

Algeria bans niqabs in the workplace

Helicopter crashes on US carrier in Pacific

Syrian ambassador hopes Assad will visit Russia

Earthquake jolts Turkey

Legendary photographer loses battle for life at 90

Islamic State takes over 700 hostages in Syria

Greek Foreign Affairs minister Nikos Kotzias resigns

Saakashvili ordered the billionaire's death

Canada legalizes recreational marijuana

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla