Axar.az
UP
22 February 2018


Search operation at plane’s crash site to continue for week

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The main part of the search operation at the crash site of an Antonov An-148 passenger aircraft near Moscow may be completed in seven days, Russian Emergencies Minister Vladimir Puchkov said on Monday.

Axar.az reports citing TASS.

According to the minister, the status of the operation at the crash site had been switched from the rescue to search, since none of 71 people onboard the plane survived in the tragedy.

"The rescue efforts have been wrapped up," Puchkov told journalists. "We officially state that all 71 people onboard of the aircraft are dead. Our deepest condolences to relatives and close ones."

"The works at the scene are conducted round the clock," Puchkov said. "We plan holding the main stage of the search operation here at the site of the incident in the course of seven days, because we have a big area of the scattered wreckage fragments, heavy snow and complicated ground profile."

The minister added that the priority at the moment was render all the necessary assistance to the families of the victims and cooperation was already underway with all regions, where the passengers came from.

Radio contact with the An-148 passenger plane of the Saratov Airlines (flight 730 from Moscow to Orsk, Orenburg region) that took off from the Domodedovo airport at 14:24 Moscow time on Sunday was lost four minutes after the takeoff.

Fragments of the plane were found near the village of Stepanovskoye in Moscow Region’s Ramensky district. There were 65 passengers and six crew members onboard the passenger jet

Date
2018.02.12 / 10:35
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Britain wants to discuss length of Brexit transition with EU

Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021

Germany backs resolution of Macedonia name row: Merkel

French Interior Minister Presents new law on Immigration

US: students rally in Florida to stop school shootings

Norway interested in maintaining cooperation with Russia

Rouhani urges Saudi Arabia and allies to stop “Blame Game”

Germany calls for end to ‘massacre’ in Eastern Ghouta

Mueller indictment in 'Russiagate' scandal reeks

Kiev court interrupts questioning of Poroshenko

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla