|Home page World|
The assault on Friday June 24, 2022 perpetrated at Nador is unprecedented on several levels:
Axar.az informs that first, the choice by the leaders of the point of attack: the assault was not oriented in a classic way towards the chain-link fence, but towards the post called Bario-chino reserved for the passage of residents from and towards Mellilia before its closure in 2020 following Covid 19.
This post has 4 narrow corridors, and the massive influx of attackers into these cramped corridors caused a great stampede. The death toll is 23 migrants and 76 injured, 18 of whom are still hospitalized.
Then, the extreme violence of the assailants and the assault strategy which prevailed and which denotes a high sense of organization, a planned progression and a hierarchical structure of seasoned and trained leaders with the profiles of experienced militiamen in conflict zones.
The attackers infiltrated through the border with Algeria, taking advantage of the country's deliberate laxity in controlling its borders with Morocco.
The assailants, armed with sticks, machetes, stones and knives, attacked the security forces injuring 140 officers, 1 of whom is still hospitalized.
Throughout this event, the Forces of Order demonstrated a high sense of mastery and professionalism.
Morocco deplores this human tragedy and will continue to act firmly and without respite against trafficking networks and this violent minority which distorts the noble dimension of migration.
Morocco will also continue, in accordance with the High Royal Guidelines, to strengthen its dynamics of humanist, inclusive and united migratory governance, in the continuity of its eminently African vocation and around the cardinal paradigm of the protection of migrants and vulnerable victims. Morocco will not tolerate a minority of migrants coming to pervert the nobility of the National Immigration and Asylum Strategy.
For Morocco, the migrant integration policy is a strategic course that enriches the diversity and vitality of Moroccan society; an open, hospitable society at the crossroads of civilizations for millennia.
Morocco will also strengthen its policy of voluntary returns of migrants to their countries of origin, with respect for their rights and dignity and in coordination with the embassies of brotherly and friendly African countries.
Morocco also calls for active solidarity between the North and the South through structural solutions for sustainable development and the encouragement of legal flows
The Moroccan authorities deplore the assault perpetrated on Friday June 24, 2022 at the level of the city of Nador and which resulted in the death of several migrants.
• In addition to its dimension of human tragedy, this drama demonstrates the extreme danger and violence of trafficking networks that are ready to take all risks in the total denial of the sanctity of people's lives.
• The balance sheet comes with 23 migrants dead and 76 migrants injured, 18 of whom are still hospitalized; the others having received the appropriate care and left the hospital.
• Similarly, 140 law enforcement officers were injured, 1 of whom is still hospitalized.
• The assault was carried out with great violence, in a planned manner, with seasoned and trained leaders, armed with machetes, stones, knives and sticks and who attacked the security forces.
• Morocco will continue its merciless and relentless fight against trafficking networks and will strengthen its cooperation with its partners within the framework of shared responsibility and its major contribution to regional security.
• Morocco reiterates its commitment to strengthen the anchoring of its humanist and solidarity-based migration governance in terms of the protection of vulnerable migrants and victims and will not let smuggling networks mislead the noble dimension of migration.
2022.06.30 / 11:00