UP

White House condemns terrorist attacks in Istanbul

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
White House condemns terrorist attacks in Istanbul

The United States condemned terrorist attacks near the football stadium in the center of Istanbul and expressed support to Turkey in its fight against terrorism, White House National Security Council (NSC) Spokesman Ned Price said Sunday.

Axar.az informs, on Saturday, two powerful blasts ripped through Istanbul, killing 29 and injuring 166 people. He added that the United States “stands together with Turkey” against terrorists who pose threat to both countries and to the international peace and stability in general.

Earlier in the day, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu confirmed that two separate blasts took place in the central Besiktas district of the city at 22:30 local time [7:30 pm GMT], as a result of which 27 police officers and two civilians were killed.

Date
2016.12.11 / 13:26
Author
Axar.az
See also

Around 40 oil tankers passed through Hormuz overnight

Russia seeks protest ban during State Duma elections

Metsamor NPP criticism seeks to weaken Russia-Armenia ties

Iran VP: US sanctions will have opposite effect

Panama‑flagged cargo ship sinks off eastern India

Canada suspends US trade talks after tariff dispute

A 5.9-magnitude earthquake struck Japan

Seven killed, including two police officers, in UK crash

Israel says Hamas commander killed in central Gaza strike

2,652 UAVs launched toward Moscow region in one week

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla