|Home page Gallery|
These are 8 of the most popular ‘dark tourism’ destinations around the world.
Axar.az reports citing foreign media that so-called ‘dark tourism’ sites (for example, the sites of tragedies) are drawing in more and more visitors each year, with holidaymakers looking to learn more about the more mysterious or even harrowing parts of history.
1. National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
2. Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau
3. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
5. Murambi Genocide Memorial
7. The Ruins of Pompeii
8. The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
2019.09.03 / 18:32