Axar.az
UP

Axar.Az Logo

2 German firms want to help US to build wall

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Two German companies have expressed interest in participating in the construction of US President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the United States' and Mexican border, German media reported on Thursday.

According to the Sueddeutsche Zeitung, both the Bauer Group and the Leupold Brown Goldbach Architekten (LBGO) bureau have decided to take part in the construction of the wall, with the LBGO explaining they did not join the project in order "to gain profit."

"We just want to take part in what is going on there," Wyly Brown, a founding member and the principal of the LBGO, said, as cited by the newspaper.

In February, another German construction company, Hochtief, refuted allegations that it had plans to bid for the construction of the Mexican wall.

US President Donald Trump signed an executive order on the construction of the US-Mexico border wall on January 25, making good on a promise that was central to his election campaign. During the campaign, Trump said that Mexico would pay for the wall’s construction, triggering refutation from Mexican officials.

On March 17, the US Customs and Border Protection of the department of Homeland Security published two Requests for Proposal to award multiple contracts and task orders for the design and construction of the prototypes of the wall, with some 700 companies already showing interest in the project.

Earlier in March, head of the Mexican Senate’s Commission on International Affairs Gabriela Cuevas Barron proposed to impose a ban on signing such state contracts with companies that would engage in the construction of the wall along the border.

Date
2017.03.30 / 18:14
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

The Colombian Senate adopted the Khojaly statement

The Baku-Moscow-Yerevan working group will meet tomorrow

Pashinyan is already on the of overthrow - Erdogan

Ilham Aliyev called Erdogan

Korybko: Pashinyan may resign or be removed from power

Sargsyan had confessed the massacre himself – Watson

Akar: We have not forgotten the Khojaly genocide

EU delegation offered his condolences to Azerbaijan

President: We have nothing to do with the Armenian people

The peacekeeping operations in Azerbaijan are temporary

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla