UP

Syrian government denies US allegations of mass killings

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Syrian government denies US allegations of mass killings

Syria's government says it "categorically" denies U.S. accusations of mass killings at a prison, including executions of political opponents, and burning the victims in a crematorium to hide the evidence.

Axar.az reports citing Politico.

The Foreign Ministry in Damascus describes the U.S. State Department accusations as "a new Hollywood plot" and "lies" that are being used to justify U.S. "aggression and intervention."

The statement was released on Tuesday.

Western monitors and watchdog groups say they have accumulated evidence of mass killings in Syrian government prisons. However, there hasn't been any substantiated allegation so far of the use of a crematorium

On Monday, the State Department said it believes about 50 detainees are being hanged each day at the Saydnaya military prison, which is located about a 45 minutes' drive north of the capital, Damascus.

Date
2017.05.16 / 17:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Hikmet Hajiyev shares Euronews report on WUF13

'Baku Declaration' signed by NGOs from 103 countries

WUF13 adopts 'Baku Call to Action'

Kim Jong Un Sends Independence Day Message to Aliyev

Jeyhun Bayramov meets with UNCTAD secretary-general

Asadov meets Turkmenistan president in Ashgabat

Germany ready to spend 5% of GDP on defense

Bayramov meets UN Deputy Secretary-General

Seventh EU-Azerbaijan Security Dialogue held in Baku

Ali Asadov arrives in Turkmenistan for CIS meeting

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla