Axar.az
UP
23 October 2019


North Korea: the U.S. must “no longer wait” for talks

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Seoul holds a ceremony marking the first anniversary of Pyongyang summit, but Pyongyang remains silent.

Axar.az reports citing NK News that North Korean officials did not attend Thursday`s ceremony, hosted by the South Korean government at the Office of Inter-Korean Dialogue in Seoul. But despite a now months-long impasse in dialogue, Kim said all countries involved in diplomacy “value the opportunity [for dialogue] and to continue their efforts to solve problems.”

He also urged North Korea and the U.S. to seize this window of opportunity, pointing to first vice foreign minister Choe Son Hui’s September to hold working-level negotiations at the end of the month.

“They should no longer delay [dialogue],” Kim told around 100 attendees at the ceremony.

Diplomat Lee Do-hoon is set to meet with his U.S. counterpart this week.

Date
2019.09.19 / 11:27
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Erdoğan invites Johnson to meet at the border

Full text of Turkey, Russia agreement on northeast Syria

Russian-Turkey defense cooperation will be continued

Multilateralism is seriously under threat by US

Turkey, Russia agree on 'historic' Syria deal

Talks between Putin, Erdogan continue for 5 hours so far

Trump calls impeachment inquiry 'a lynching'

Lukashenko: We should not allow destructive forces

Pashinyan arrested another former minister

Russian FM`s unexpected statement on Turkey

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla