|Home page Politics|
So far, President Ilham Aliyev has voiced his views on Armenian citizens in Karabakh, but several points in his interview with "Anadolu" were new.
Axar.az presents the facts mentioned by the President.
The first is that Armenians came to Shusha for work:
- This was reported in the media, but the President said that it happened not once, but several times:
- The international community is shown that Armenians cannot live in the current situation and there is no alternative to the restoration of Azerbaijan's rule to survive;
- Armenians in Karabakh are offered a way out to ensure their future.
Secondly, the President sent a message to the Armenians in Karabakh that "we are ready to provide you with employment" and stressed the importance of "rule of legit government" to do so:
- It aims to encourage Armenians who face serious problems to accept Baku's rule to work, live and secure the future of their children;
- The situation in the region allows it, the recent arrest of an Armenian youth by the separatist-terrorist regime on charges of "treason" also shows that the conditions that Baku wants are there, or have begun to grow;
- Aliyev offers Armenian citizens a way out: "You are an Azerbaijani citizen, accept it and live normally".
Third, Armenians are shown plans for Karabakh and East Zangazur as examples: Baku can implement these projects in areas inhabited by Armenians.
Fourth, the President's words "we do not want a war, but everything depends on Armenia" were also addressed to the Armenians in Karabakh: not to accept Azerbaijani citizenship can eventually return the war, and these Armenians will suffer in the first place.
The President's words can also be considered a presentation of Baku's program for Armenians in Karabakh. After this speech, the number of Armenians applying for jobs in the Azerbaijani military may increase.
2021.09.28 / 17:58