|Home page Society|
Azerbaijan has lifted the ban on carrying hand luggage to passengers of the plane, it was reflected in the amendments made by the Cabinet of Ministers to the "Temporary Rules for the Organization of Flights and Passenger Transportation by Air in the Republic of Azerbaijan during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic".
Axar.az reports that according to the decision in force so far, carry-on baggage was not allowed on all airline flights. According to the airline's rules, only the following personal items were allowed as carry-on baggage:
- women's handbag or men's briefcase;
- photo / video camera with dimensions not exceeding 30x35x10 cm;
- portable computer bag (bags should only be used for their intended purpose);
- outerwear, coat or raincoat, suit (should only be used as directed);
- bouquet of flowers;
- baby food and baby travel cradle during a flight with children;
- newspapers, magazines and other reading materials during the flight;
- The carriage of pets is permitted in accordance with the relevant rules governing the carriage of pets.
In accordance with the changes, unnecessary restrictions are removed, and carry-on baggage is allowed.
Another change is related to the posts at the entrance to the airport complex. Currently, there are posts at the entrance to the airport complex, consisting of aviation security officers, police officers and doctors who check whether passengers have passports, tickets for a specific flight and certificates with a negative test result for COVID-19 48 hours before departure. After that, at the entrance to the airport complex, the posts of aviation security officers will work, checking the availability of passenger passports and tickets for a specific flight. Thus, there will be no more police and medical workers at the posts.
2021.06.09 / 23:31