UP

Barcelona in contact with Messi over potential return

Home page Sports
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Barcelona in contact with Messi over potential return

FC Barcelona vice president Rafa Yuste has said the club has been in contact with Lionel Messi about a possible return to Camp Nou.

Axar.az reports citing foreign media that Messi made a tearful farewell to Barcelona in 2021 after the Catalan club were unable to offer him a new deal amid major financial woes, instead signing a two-year contract with Paris St Germain which expires this summer.

Barca have made little secret of their desire to bring the World Cup winner back to the club, and at a press conference on Friday Yuste said they had been in touch with the Argentinian’s representatives.

“Leo and his family know the affection I have for them,” Yuste said. “I participated in the negotiations which unfortunately did not lead to a certain result.

“I’ve always had and I have this thorn in my side that Leo couldn’t continue at our club.

Date
2023.03.31 / 17:40
Author
Axar.az
See also

UK PM Burnham explores bid to host 2042 World Cup

Galatasaray beat Erzurumspor 4-0 to go top

Argentina players handed bans over World Cup final brawl

Azerbaijan wins medal at U-19 European Championship

Kady Borges makes history in the Conference League for Qarabag

Anderlecht secure big win over Kairat

Islam Makhachev suspended due to injury

Celtic fan dies during Champions League match

Mahir Emreli scores again for Rakow

Qarabag secure 1–0 win over Twente

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla