UP

Italian PM says suspends defense agreement with Israel

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Italian PM says suspends defense agreement with Israel

Italy has suspended its defence agreement with Israel, Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni announced on the sidelines of Vinitaly in Verona.

Axar.az informs that Meloni said that in light of the current situation, the government has decided to suspend the automatic renewal of the Defence agreement with Israel.

Defence Minister Guido Crosetto sent a letter to his Israeli counterpart Israel Katz notifying him of the suspension of the Italy–Israel memorandum.

The memorandum, which provides a framework for defence cooperation including the exchange of military equipment and technological research between armed forces, previously renewed every five years and entered into force on April 13, 2016.

Date
2026.04.14 / 16:53
Author
Axar.az
See also

France summons Israeli envoy over flotilla incident

Italy summons Israeli ambassador over flotilla treatment

US unseals charges against Raul Castro

Shoigu says Armenia took unfriendly steps toward Russia

Iran vows strong response to any new aggression

Kupiansk remains under Ukrainian control

Poland urges Ukraine to avoid NATO airspace risks

Ukrainian military losses updated

Mango scion released on bail after arrest over father's death

Ushakov signals possible Putin-Trump meeting in China

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla