UP

Gunman killed after shooting near White House - Video

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Gunman killed after shooting near White House -

A gunman was killed after opening fire on a U.S. Secret Service checkpoint outside the White House Saturday evening.

Axar.az informs, citing CBS, Secret Service officers returned fire, hitting the suspect, who later died at a hospital. A bystander was also wounded, but no Secret Service agents were injured.

President Trump was at the White House during the incident, "but was not impacted," the Secret Service spokesperson said.

The suspect was identified by a person familiar with the investigation as 21-year-old Nasire Best. According to the source, Best had a previous run-in with Secret Service in July 2025 in which he tried to gain entry to the White House and was arrested and sent to a psychiatric ward for mental health issues.

It is noted that Best previously attempted to enter the White House in July 2025 and was detained. He was later sent for psychiatric evaluation due to mental health issues and eventually released.

Date
2026.05.24 / 13:16
Author
Axar.az
See also

Pashinyan announces launch of Akhalkalaki–Kars railway

Russia hits Bila Tserkva with Oreshnik medium - Video

US warns Japan of Tomahawk delivery delays over Iran war

One-page US-Iran agreement may be published on May 24

Trump says Iran agreement largely negotiated

Train blast in Pakistan kills at least 16 people - Video

2 dead and 56 injured in Russian attack on Kyiv - Video

US embassy warns of possible major air attack on Kyiv

Russian strikes hit Kyiv near Azerbaijan embassy

21 die from heatstroke in one day in India

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla