UP

Netanyahu: Israel prevents arming of Hezbollah

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Netanyahu: Israel prevents arming of Hezbollah

Israel will continue its efforts to prevent attempts to arm Lebanon-based Shia Islamist militant group, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday.

Netanyahu comment comes in a wake of reports that Israeli aircraft have carried out several strikes inside Syria overnight Thursday.

"Our policy is very consistent. When we identify attempts to pass modern weaponry to Hezbollah, when we have intelligence data and operational capabilities, we act to prevent this," the prime minister said in a video statement circulated by his office.

On Friday morning, Syrian Army Command issued a statement that air defense forces had shot down an Israeli jet, and damaged a second, with two more planes in the Israeli squadron managing to fly away. The Army indicated that the Israeli Air Force had violated Syrian airspace, and targeted government troops near Palmyra in the center of the country.

Earlier, an Israeli military source told Sputnik that its warplanes were targeted by Syrian missiles during an attack on targets on Syrian territory, but said that no Israeli planes had been damaged or lost in the attack. An Israel Defense Forces spokesman later again denied the Syrian claim that an IDF aircraft had been lost.

Date
2017.03.18 / 11:29
Author
Axar.az
See also

German Chancellor Merz set to meet Trump in Washington

Iranian students begin new university term with protests

Trump says he will raise US tariff rate from 10% to 15%

Trump’s forces build up ahead of potential Iran strike

Johnson urges UK to send non-combat troops to Ukraine

Venezuela rejects US sanctions extension, urges cooperation

Bavaria’s PM warns against a break with the USA

Iran fires Sayyad-3 missile in Strait of Hormuz drill

Russia updates figures on Ukrainian military losses

Zelensky, NATO chief discuss trilateral peace talks

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla