UP

Missile attack kills 18 civilians in Aleppo

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Missile attack kills 18 civilians in Aleppo

At least 18 civilians were killed in a missile attack in Syria's northern Aleppo province, a local civil defense official said Monday.

Axar.az reports citing Anadolu news agency.

The attack - blamed on the regime forces - targeted a three-storey building in Uwayjil village in Aleppo's western countryside late Sunday, Mohammed Hallak told Anadolu Agency.

He said nine children and four women were among the victims.

"One woman was rescued from under the debris of the destroyed building," he added.

Syria has been locked in a vicious civil war since early 2011, when the Bashar al-Assad regime cracked down on pro-democracy protests -- which erupted as part of the "Arab Spring" uprisings - with unexpected ferocity.

Since then, more than a quarter of a million people have been killed and more than 10 million displaced across the war-battered country, according to the UN.

Date
2017.05.01 / 19:14
Author
Axar.az
See also

Putin: Russia-China relations at unprecedented heights

US seized Iran-linked oil tanker in the Indian Ocean

Russia and China extend Friendship Treaty

Lebanon says 19 killed in Israeli air strikes

Ibrahim Kalin holds talks with Ahmad al-Sharaa in Damascus

Syria reinforces ban on Israeli goods

Four injured in Iran after air defense test incident

Damascus car bomb kills soldier, injures 23

UAE intercepts six UAVs in 48 hours

Russia warns Baltic states over drone launches for Ukraine

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla