UP

500 Turkish soldiers hospitalized in Turkey

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
500 Turkish soldiers hospitalized in Turkey

A total of 500 Turkish soldiers were hospitalized late Saturday in western Manisa following complaints of nausea and vomiting, that province’s governor said.

Axar.az reports citing Anadolu Agency.
"After the dinner meal, 300 Turkish soldiers were brought to hospitals and 200 soldiers were placed under observation at sickroom inside of the commandship," Mustafa Hakan Guvencer said.

Guvencer said it is too early to talk about poisoning.

"We cannot make an official statement now about the reason of the disease and diagnosis, we are waiting for laboratory results," Guvencer added.

He said Defense Minister Fikri Isik and Commander of Turkish Land Forces Gen. Zeki Colak would go to Manisa.

The governor’s office later issued a written statement that said the soldiers are not in life-threatening conditions and some had been already discharged from hospitals.

Police early Sunday arrested 19 employees, including executives, of the catering company that provides food to the military at the post where the incident occurred, police source told Anadolu Agency.

Date
2017.06.18 / 10:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Metsamor NPP criticism seeks to weaken Russia-Armenia ties

Iran VP: US sanctions will have opposite effect

Panama‑flagged cargo ship sinks off eastern India

Canada suspends US trade talks after tariff dispute

A 5.9-magnitude earthquake struck Japan

Seven killed, including two police officers, in UK crash

Israel says Hamas commander killed in central Gaza strike

2,652 UAVs launched toward Moscow region in one week

Russia strikes cargo ship at Ukraine’s Chornomorsk port

10 injured in drone attack on Sevastopol

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla