UP

Turkish soldier succumbs to wounds from PKK attack

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Turkish soldier succumbs to wounds from PKK attack

A soldier was martyred following a clash with PKK terrorists in Bingol province Friday.

Axar.az reports citing AA.

According to a statement by the Bingol Governor’s Office, two soldiers were injured during the clash in Adakli district.

They were taken to Elazig Firat University Hospital, where one of them succumbed to his injuries, the statement said.

In another operation, Turkish security forces killed one PKK terrorist in Bitlis province, the Bitlis Governor’s Office announced Friday.

In a written statement, it said gendarmes launched a counter-terrorism operation Thursday evening in Karakutuk village between Mutki town in Bitlis and Haskoy town in Mus province.

Counter-terrorism operations continue in the region, both statements said.

The PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU -- resumed its armed campaign against Turkey in July 2015. Since then, it has been responsible for the deaths of around 1,200 Turkish security personnel and civilians.

Date
2017.09.09 / 09:00
Author
Axar.az
See also

Bessen: Major US military actions against Iran unlikely

Death toll in Zimbabwe ferry accident rises to 97

US approves possible $4.5B sale of KC-46A tankers to Qatar

Seven countries condemn Israel’s E1 settlement plan

Iran condemns new US sanctions as economic terrorism

Drone debris sparks fire at Kyiv business center

47 killed in boat capsizing in northwestern Nigeria

Moscow awaits US, Turkiye response on Ukraine arms

Houthis claim attacks on Najran airport, Aramco facility

Extreme heat kills more than 4,400 people in Spain

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla