UP

Boko Haram attack near Nigeria’s Maiduguri kills 18

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Boko Haram attack near Nigeria’s Maiduguri kills 18

At least 18 people were killed and 84 wounded when Boko Haram terrorists clashed with Nigerian soldiers near the northeastern city of Maiduguri overnight, the emergency services agency said Monday.

Axar.az informs citing AFP.

"So far we have recovered 18 dead bodies from the two villages Bale Shuwa and Bale Kura," on the outskirts of Maiduguri, Benlo Dambatto, an official from the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) told AFP.

Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, is the birthplace of Boko Haram, whose nearly nine-year fight to establish a hardline Islamic state in northeast Nigeria has claimed at least 20,000 lives and displaced more than two million people.

"The victims were killed while trying to escape the fight between the insurgents and the military," said the Borno branch of SEMA.

Date
2018.04.02 / 14:44
Author
Axar.az
See also

Trump sets 10-day ultimatum on Iran nuclear deal

US Vice President thanks leaders of Azerbaijan and Armenia

Russia's Lavrov warns against any new US strike on Iran

Trump officials plan to build military base in Gaza

EU’s von der Leyen to visit Greenland in March

North Korean leader deploys 50 new rocket launchers

US, Japan launch $36bn energy and minerals push

Under US pressure, life in Cuba grinds to a halt

Trump congratulates Muslims worldwide on start of Ramadan

Russia updates figures on Ukrainian losses on 1457th day

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla