UP

Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official

An Iranian official on Tuesday said that his country had made all necessary preparations to resume production of highly-enriched uranium.

Axar.az reports quoting AA.

The semi-official Mehr News Agency quoted Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Agency, as saying that Iran was ready to return to the “pre-nuclear deal era”.

“We are ready to return to the pre-nuclear deal era and produce highly-enriched uranium if necessary,” he said.

He added: “But I hope we never need it.”

On the same day, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo issued a lengthy list of demands that the U.S. wants to include in a new nuclear deal with Iran.

Earlier this month, U.S. President Donald Trump pulled Washington out of a landmark 2015 nuclear accord between Iran and the P5+1 group of nations (the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany).

Trump’s decision had faced stiff opposition from most other members of the P5+1.

Date
2018.05.22 / 22:55
Author
Axar.az
See also

Kyrgyzstan holds snap parliamentary elections

Zelensky yet to choose replacement for Yermak

Pope Leo XIV ends visit to Turkiye

Zelensky imposes new sanctions on Rosneft and Lukoil

Iran to open consulate in Van, Turkiye

Ukrainian envoy urges nuclear deployment

Netanyahu seeks pardon amid corruption probe

Turkish, Iranian foreign ministers hold meeting

Polish President cancels meeting with Orban

Fidan: Russia and Ukraine closer to peace deal

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla