UP

Pentagon: potential for Iran attacks 'put on hold'

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Pentagon: potential for Iran attacks 'put on hold'

Acting U.S. Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said that while threats from Iran in the Middle East remained high, deterrence measures taken by the Pentagon had “put on hold” the potential for attacks on Americans.

Axar.az reports citing Independent.

"There haven’t been any attacks on Americans. I would consider that a hold," Shanahan told reporters.

"That doesn’t mean that the threats that we’ve previously identified have gone away. Our prudent response, I think, has given the Iranians time to recalculate," Reuters cited him as saying.

"I just hope Iran is listening. We’re in the region to address many things, but it is not to go to war with Iran," Shanahan said earlier on Tuesday.

He added that it was a period where the threat remained high and the focus was on making sure there was "no miscalculations by the Iranians.'

Date
2019.05.22 / 12:37
Author
Axar.az
See also

Kyiv considers moving parliament to safer location

Hegseth ‘hid’ Iranian attack on key US base

15 killed, 39 injured in Russian attack on Kyiv - Video

Ukraine strikes TANECO refinery and oil terminal

Syria says Israel backed away from commitments

Armenia’s ruling party plans to remove Garegin II

Crimea’s Yevpatoria hit by complete blackout

Araghchi: US economic pressure on Iran masks its own crisis

Gharibabadi: US is begging allies for help

Turkiye: No military delegation was present at Abu al-Duhur

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla