UP

Yemen floods death toll rises to 174

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Yemen floods death toll rises to 174

Death toll from floods caused by heavy rains in Yemen has risen to 174.

Axar.az reports that, at least 40 deaths were reported in the government-controlled areas in the last three weeks due to adverse weather conditions in the country, the government sources said on Wednesday.

Two-thirds of those who lost their lives are from the eastern Marib city, sources said, adding that flooding left many others injured.

Previously, Houthis announced that floods killed 134 people and injured 124 others in the Sanaa province.

Dozens of Yemenis have died in the last few weeks because of heavy floods that hit several provinces.

Date
2020.08.12 / 21:53
Author
Axar.az
See also

German Chancellor Merz set to meet Trump in Washington

Iranian students begin new university term with protests

Trump says he will raise US tariff rate from 10% to 15%

Trump’s forces build up ahead of potential Iran strike

Johnson urges UK to send non-combat troops to Ukraine

Venezuela rejects US sanctions extension, urges cooperation

Bavaria’s PM warns against a break with the USA

Iran fires Sayyad-3 missile in Strait of Hormuz drill

Russia updates figures on Ukrainian military losses

Zelensky, NATO chief discuss trilateral peace talks

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla