UP

Erdogan: Turkey hands over new houses to quake victims

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Erdogan: Turkey hands over new houses to quake victims

Last year's devastating earthquake in the eastern province of Elazig killed 41, injured 1,600.

Axar.az reports that Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Monday handed over the ownership of houses built by the government for quake victims - a year after tremors jolted the country's east.

At the hand-over ceremony, he said that from now on they will build cities horizontally.

"Vertical architecture is suicide for us, especially in the earthquake zone," he said.

The earthquake last year in the Elazig province left 41 people dead and more than 1,600 others injured. The tremors were also felt in neighbouring countries, including Georgia and Syria.

Erdoğan added that the urban renewal of 1.5 million houses in Istanbul was completed in the last eight to nine years to ensure the safety of six million people.

Date
2021.01.26 / 13:14
Author
Axar.az
See also

France bans Ben-Gvir over flotilla incident

CENTCOM redirects 100 ships in Iran blockade

Trump shares map showing Iran in US flag colors - Photo

Trump says he's '50/50' on Iran deal or bombs

Cholera outbreak worsens in Sudan’s West Kordofan

Kilicdaroglu promises return to CHP founding principles

Ukrainian military losses updated on day 1550

Pashinyan: I will leave if people decide I should go

US and Iran report progress on talks ending the war

18 killed in attack on Starobilsk college - Video

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla