UP

Prince Philip to stay in hospital 'for several days'

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Prince Philip to stay in hospital 'for several days'

The Duke of Edinburgh is being treated for an infection and is not expected to leave the hospital for several days, Buckingham Palace has said.

Axar.az reports that Prince Philip was admitted to London's King Edward VII's Hospital last Tuesday as a precaution after feeling unwell.

The 99-year-old husband of the Queen is "comfortable and responding to treatment", the palace said.

The Earl of Wessex said his father was feeling "a lot better" and appreciated "lovely messages" from the public.

Prince Edward told Sky News: "He's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing, so we keep our fingers crossed."

Both the duke and the Queen, 94, received Covid-19 vaccinations last month. Prince Philip's admission to the hospital was not related to coronavirus.

The couple, who celebrated their 73rd wedding anniversary last November, have been spending lockdown at Windsor Castle with small household staff.

A palace source previously said that the duke, who turns 100 in June, had walked into the hospital in Marylebone unaided.

Date
2021.02.23 / 23:51
Author
Axar.az
See also

Bessen: Major US military actions against Iran unlikely

Death toll in Zimbabwe ferry accident rises to 97

US approves possible $4.5B sale of KC-46A tankers to Qatar

Seven countries condemn Israel’s E1 settlement plan

Iran condemns new US sanctions as economic terrorism

Drone debris sparks fire at Kyiv business center

47 killed in boat capsizing in northwestern Nigeria

Moscow awaits US, Turkiye response on Ukraine arms

Houthis claim attacks on Najran airport, Aramco facility

Extreme heat kills more than 4,400 people in Spain

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla