Axar.az
UP

Axar.Az Logo

Iran says it is not behind a blast on Israeli-owned ship

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Iran strongly rejects Israel's claim that Tehran was behind a blast aboard an Israeli-owned ship in the Gulf of Oman last week.

Axar.az reports citing foreign media that an Iranian foreign ministry spokesman said in a televised news conference on Monday.

"We strongly reject this accusation... the security of the Persian Gulf is extremely important for Iran," Saeed Khatibzadeh said.

The remarks come hours after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed Iran for a blast aboard the MV Helios Ray, a vehicle-carrier ship, but sidestepped a question on whether Israel would retaliate.

The MV Helios Ray was hit between Thursday and Friday morning by a blast above the water line that a US official said ripped holes in both sides of its hull.

Date
2021.03.01 / 15:40
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Russia records over 8,600 daily COVID-19 cases

China and US to work together on climate change

Putin will not give in to pressure - Pushkov

A sharp drop in electricity prices in the Baltic countries

Iran, Serbia FMs meet in Tehran

France to impose 10-day quarantine for travellers

We have set records for the last 19 years - Erdogan

Earthquake hits Georgia

If Biden and Putin meet in our country... - Kurtz

Salvini to face trial on migrant kidnapping charges

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla