UP

Salvini to face trial on migrant kidnapping charges

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Salvini to face trial on migrant kidnapping charges

Matteo Salvini, the former interior minister of Italy, said Saturday he had been indicted on kidnapping charges over his 2019 decision to bar a migrant ship from docking.

Axar.az reports that the 48-year-old leader of the League party said he had called his children after Saturday’s trial and indictment.

"Smile and head held high, guys, those who have a clear conscience and did their duty, cannot be afraid", Salvini tweeted.

Salvini argued that he defended the homeland by refusing a Spanish rescue ship with 147 migrants picked up at sea to dock in an Italian port in Lampedusa.

"The defence of the homeland is a citizen’s sacred duty. Article 52 of the constitution. Am I going to trial for this, for defending my country? I will go there with my head held high", he tweeted.

Date
2021.04.18 / 10:12
Author
Axar.az
See also

Car falls through ice on Lake Baikal, killing tourists

FIFA and the Board of Peace announce strategic partnership

Landslides kill 7 people in Philippines

White House adviser says US rejects global AI governance

Hamas holds vote to choose new interim leader

Kyiv says halted Russian plan to kill top officials

Helicopter carrying security forces crashes in Russia

Lavrov discusses Iran’s nuclear program with Araghchi

Kim lauds North Korea's economy and regional standing

Russia hits Ukraine’s oil, gas infrastructure in Poltava

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla