Axar.az
UP

Death toll from rainstorms in China's Henan rises to 56

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The death toll from torrential rain in central China's Henan Province had risen to 56, with five people reported missing as of 7 p.m. Friday, local authorities said.

Axar.az reports that rescue efforts including drainage operations are still underway at Jingguang Road tunnel in the provincial capital Zhengzhou, a waterlogged underpass where many vehicles had been trapped since Tuesday, according to the provincial emergency management department.

The department said there was still a large amount of water in the tunnel, where casualties have been reported. The exact number of casualties has yet to be confirmed.

So far, more than 7.5 million people have been affected by the heavy rainfall that started last Friday and the associated floods, with about 576,600 hectares of crops damaged and more than 3,800 houses collapsed across the province, causing a direct economic loss of over 13.9 billion yuan (about 2.1 billion U.S. dollars).

Date
2021.07.23 / 22:52
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Terrorists destroy Somali airport

Macron to hold call with U.S. President Biden

Israel, Egypt FMs agree to boost bilateral ties

Coronavirus cases in Russia rise by 20,174

Women will also protect the Pope

If Pashinyan wants to meet with me ... - Erdogan

France's response was: We were open and honest…

Georgia reports 1,501 coronavirus cases

Heavy words from Paris to the United States

The US will provide 500 million doses of vaccine

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla