UP

EU foreign ministers to discuss submarine dispute

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
EU foreign ministers to discuss submarine dispute

European Union foreign ministers will on Monday discuss Australia's scrapping of a $40 billion submarine order with France, a move that has enraged Paris and cast a shadow over free trade talks between the EU and Australia.

Axar.az reports that the meeting will take place on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. local time), a spokesperson for the European Commission told reporters in Brussels.

Australia said last week it would cancel an order for conventional submarines from France and instead build at least eight nuclear-powered submarines with U.S. and British technology after striking a security partnership with those countries under the name AUKUS.

Date
2021.09.20 / 23:57
Author
Axar.az
See also

Ibrahim Kalin holds talks with Ahmad al-Sharaa in Damascus

Syria reinforces ban on Israeli goods

Four injured in Iran after air defense test incident

Damascus car bomb kills soldier, injures 23

UAE intercepts six UAVs in 48 hours

Russia warns Baltic states over drone launches for Ukraine

Trump warns of possible new attack on Iran

Over 300 experts urge UN action over Iran executions

Russian troops covertly trained in China

Iran court to hear Jafar Panahi case on May 20

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla