UP

IRGC opens fire on vessels in Strait of Hormuz

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
IRGC opens fire on vessels in Strait of Hormuz

Merchant vessels attempting to cross the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday received radio messages from Iran’s navy telling them they were not allowed to pass, while two ships reported being hit by gunfire, shipping sources said.

Axar.az informs, citing Reuters, several commercial vessels tried to transit the strait after receiving a notice to mariners a day earlier saying passage would be allowed but restricted to lanes Iran deemed safe.

On Saturday, at least two ships reported that Iranian boats fired shots, shipping and maritime security sources told Reuters.

The incidents were reported in waters between the Qeshm and Larak islands. The vessels turned back without completing the crossing, the sources said.

The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) agency said it had received a report of an incident 20 nautical miles northeast of Oman. The captain of a tanker said it had been approached by two IRGC gunboats that fired on the vessel. The tanker and its crew were safe.

A container ship was also hit by gunfire, a maritime security source said.

Date
2026.04.18 / 15:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Iran vows strong response to any new aggression

Kupiansk remains under Ukrainian control

Poland urges Ukraine to avoid NATO airspace risks

Ukrainian military losses updated

Mango scion released on bail after arrest over father's death

Ushakov signals possible Putin-Trump meeting in China

Israel’s parliament takes first step toward dissolution

Armenia not take any abrupt actions in relations with Russia

Moscow rejects claims of Russian campaign against Pashinyan

Ukraine hits Russian refinery for second time in week - Video

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla