UP

Thousands flee clahses in Libya - Video

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Thousands flee clahses in Libya -

An air strike has hit Tripoli's only functioning airport as rival factions battle for control of Libya's capital.

Axar.az reports citing BBC.

Flights at Mitiga International Airport were suspended after passengers had to evacuate its terminal.

No casualties have been reported and an eyewitness told the BBC a militia based at the site appeared to be the target.

General Khalifa Haftar, a commander from the east, is heading an offensive to take control of the capital from a UN-backed government.

Prime Minister Fayez al-Serraj has accused Gen Haftar of attempting a coup.

At least 2,800 people have so far fled fighting around Tripoli, the UN says.

The UN also warns that those who remain risk being cut off from vital services because of the clashes.

Date
2019.04.08 / 22:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

WUF13 releases agenda for May 22

Sumud aid flotilla members arrive in Turkiye

US to send 5,000 more troops to Poland

Global oil prices rise again

Oil markets nearing ‘red zone’ as Iran crisis deepens

Iran, US move closer to potential ceasefire deal

Lukashenko, Putin observe joint nuclear forces exercise

NATO chief reaffirms security commitment to Latvia

Turkish court suspends CHP leadership in major ruling

Syria to attend G7 summit in France as guest nation

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla