Axar.az
UP
14 August 2018


Ebola kills 34 in Democratic Republic of Congo

Home page Health
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

At least 34 people have died from the latest outbreak of Ebola in North Kivu province of Democratic Republic of Congo, officials said.

On August 1, the Ministry of Health declared the 10th Ebola outbreak, just a few days after the World Health Organization (WHO) and the ministry announced that the 9th outbreak had been successfully eliminated.

Dr. Peter Lengu, a ministry official, said most of the deaths from Ebola hemorrhagic fever have taken place in the villages of Mabalako and Mangina Magina in North Kivu.

“Teams of health workers from the WHO and the Ministry of Health are on the ground to treat the victims and immunize people in the villages, where the epidemic has been reported,” Lengu told Anadolu Agency.

In North Kivu, he said 43 cases are currently being attended, of which, there are 16 confirmed and 27 probable cases of Ebola infection.

In the past, dozens of people were killed by the disease in the central African country.

Date
2018.08.08 / 22:33
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Monsanto pay $289M to cancer patient over weed killer

Monsanto ordered to pay $289Mln to die man

Syrian President Assad's wife diagnosed with breast cancer

Doctor warns 'super strain' of pink eye

6 signs you may have Cancer - Attention

Antidepressant prescriptions for children on the rise

Why 'dangerous' drugs are still being used to treat pain

Day 12 of the 30 days of Yoga journey - Video

'Babies given solid food sooner sleep better'

Iraqi Turkmen leader passes away in Ankara hospital

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla