UP

Crimean leader dismisses accusations

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Crimean leader dismisses accusations

On November 12, the UN General Assembly’s committee approved a resolution, condemning alleged discrimination against residents of the peninsula, including Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian minorities.

Head of Crimea Sergey Aksyonov roundly condemned a Ukrainian-sponsored resolution passed by a UN committee, citing that there has never been any ethnic-based human rights abuses on the Black Sea peninsula whatsoever.

"We have nothing to worry about - there is not now, nor has there ever been any abuse on ethnic grounds in Crimea," Aksyonov emphasized, adding that all international commissions may visit the republic should the Russian president make a respective decision. "If anyone wants to come and then …speak about the real situation, they are welcome."

The Crimean leader said so far no one who had visited Crimea as part of international organizations has told the truth.

On Tuesday, the UN General Assembly’s Human Rights Committee approved a resolution, condemning alleged discrimination and human rights abuses against residents of the peninsula, which include Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian minorities. The document was supported by 73 states, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and European Union states. A total of 23 countries voted against, including Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Serbia, Venezuela, China and India to name few, while another 76 abstained.

Date
2016.11.16 / 15:59
Author
Axar.Az
See also

Bill Gates pulls out of India AI summit amid Epstein scrutiny

Sweden approves €1.2bn military aid package for Ukraine

Macron to visit Armenia on May 4 for political summit

Trump sets 10-day ultimatum on Iran nuclear deal

US Vice President thanks leaders of Azerbaijan and Armenia

Russia's Lavrov warns against any new US strike on Iran

Trump officials plan to build military base in Gaza

EU’s von der Leyen to visit Greenland in March

North Korean leader deploys 50 new rocket launchers

US, Japan launch $36bn energy and minerals push

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla