|Home page Army|
The Syrian army on Monday declared in a statement the resumption of military operations in the northwestern Idlib province, citing the cease-fire violation by the rebels.
Axar.az reprots citing Xinhua.
The Syrian army said the "terrorist groups" refused to abide by the cease-fire deal in the de-escalation zone in Idlib and launched several attacks on civilians in nearby areas.
The army statement assigned the blame on the Turkish-backed rebels, saying that the "Turkish government allowed its tools of terrorist groups in Idlib to continue their attacks and aggression."
Given the fact that the cease-fire was conditional, the Syrian army will resume its military operation against the groups, the statement added.
Earlier in the day, the pro-government al-Watan newspaper said the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front rejected to withdraw from the de-militarized zone in northwestern Syria as planned in recent Syrian talks.
The Nusra Front, the backbone of the Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) group, rejected to withdraw 20 km in depth of Idlib province as agreed upon by Turkey and Russia.
Citing remarks by Abu Muhammad al-Golani, leader of the Nusra Front, the newspaper said that Golani declared his rejection to withdraw the 20 km regardless this request is made by "friends or enemies."
2019.08.06 / 09:02