|Home page Interview|
Axar.az presents a short but comprehensive interview with former Israeli Deputy Defense Minister Efraim Sneh.
- How has the acquisition of LORA changed the military-political situation in the region?
- Lora IS A WEAPON OF DETERRENCE. If someone plans to attack Azeri cities. He now has to think twice.
- What are the peculiar properties of the use of these ballistic missiles?
- Range, payload, and accuracy make LORA an effective weapon.
- What goals can it hit in the territory of Karabakh and Armenia? Are there air defense systems capable of shooting down these missiles?
- I am not in a position to choose targets for foreign countries, even good friends. I don't know about a case where LORA was intercepted.
- Where were LORA used and how did they prove themselves?
- I think it is classified.
- What other samples of Israeli military equipment may be of interest to Azerbaijan and capable of fundamentally changing the balance of power?
- Today everything is in the public domain. Israeli companies are present in all important international exhibitions, including ADEX. Our friends have to see, consider, and decide.
- There is also a marine version LORA. And Azerbaijan is now building two Saar-72s together with Israel. According to open sources, on two Saar-72s will be installed Gabriel-5 missiles, capable of delivering land strikes at a distance of over 200 km. How will the installation of marine LORA or Gabriel-5 affect the course of the Karabakh conflict, can the Azerbaijani Navy strike these missiles from the Kura River against the enemy’s defended positions?
- As I stated previously I don't advise, surely not through media, what to do militarily. Regarding Karabach, it is about time that the conflict will be resolved in a diplomatic way, restoring the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan. But you have to remember, in our world, you don't reach justice through weakness, and small nations can rely ONLY on themselves. I wish your readers and the entire Azerbaijani people a happy 2020.
2019.12.29 / 11:28