UP

Putin offers new pause

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Putin offers new pause

Russian President Vladimir Putin has offered a new humanitarian pause in Syria's Aleppo, urging rebels to use it to leave the eastern, besieged districts.

The defense ministry says Putin has ordered that the aid corridors — which Russia had opened earlier — also be open on Friday, for longer hours, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., along with two new exit routes for the rebels to leave eastern Aleppo.

The ministry announced Putin's new gesture in a statement on Wednesday.

The statement says the exits will be open on Friday for both civilians and rebels "in order to prevent a senseless loss of life."

It also says the rebel offensive on the Syrian government-held districts in western Aleppo that was launched last week has failed to break through the siege.

Date
2016.11.02 / 13:45
Author
Axar.az
See also

Netanyahu uses Erdogan footage in election campaign - Video

Trump threatens Oman over Iran negotiations

Zelenska has ‘golden veto’ over appointments

15 European states to reject Russian non-biometric passports

Sudan army downs Chinese-made CH-95 using Akıncı drone - Video

Barzani condemns Iranian drone attacks on his office

Tehran to host five-way Caspian meeting

Ukraine strikes Russian defense plant in Rostov region

Kushner meets Netanyahu to advance Gaza plan

Russian forces captured two Ukrainian settlements

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla