UP

"It does not matter where terror had happened"

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
"It does not matter where terror had happened"

Turkey will remain resolute in its fight against all forms of terrorism in 2017, both at home and abroad, Turkey's deputy prime minister said Monday.

Axar.az reports that, “By using our full national capacity, we will bring all terror groups -- without any distinction -- to their knees, with the support of our people,” Numan Kurtulmus told reporters after a cabinet meeting in Ankara.

His remarks came after a New Year's nightclub attack in Istanbul's Ortakoy district that killed 39 people and left another 69 wounded, according to officials.

Kurtulmus confirmed that eight people had been detained in connection with the attack, adding that security forces were still working to identify the attacker, who remains at large.

He also suggested that Saturday night's deadly attack came as a reaction to the success of the Turkish army's ongoing Operation Euphrates Shield, the main objective of which is to eradicate terrorist threats in northern Syria near the border with Turkey.

Date
2017.01.02 / 21:24
Author
Axar.az
See also

Zelensky sanctions ‘Masha and the Bear’ creators

US sanctions 10 over Hizballah cash-smuggling network

Bessen: Major US military actions against Iran unlikely

Death toll in Zimbabwe ferry accident rises to 97

US approves possible $4.5B sale of KC-46A tankers to Qatar

Seven countries condemn Israel’s E1 settlement plan

Iran condemns new US sanctions as economic terrorism

Drone debris sparks fire at Kyiv business center

47 killed in boat capsizing in northwestern Nigeria

Moscow awaits US, Turkiye response on Ukraine arms

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla