UP

Gunfight at mausoleum of Khomeini, 1 dead - Video

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Gunfight at mausoleum of Khomeini, 1 dead - Video

10:48 An armed man opened fire at the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini in southern Tehran and wounded a number of people on Wednesday, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

Axar.az reports citing Tasnim news.

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini launched the Islamic revolution in 1979.

11:12 Witnesses say shooting is still being heard in the parliament. A bullet has been fired at the journalists’ zone.

Some lawmakers say the injured security guard has died. Tasnim could not independently verify the authenticity of the report.

Tasnim reporter at parliament site said the lawmakers have been locked in the parliament’s hall.

Shooting seems to have ended, but the assailants have not been arrested so far.

Tasnim reporter inside the parliament said four security guards have been shot in the incident, while one of them have lost his life.

The attack has been carried out by three gunmen, who are still inside the parliament building. Two of them are armed with AK-47 assault rifles, and the third one has a handgun.

The four injured at the parliament included two ordinary clients, a service staffer, and the security guard, who is said to have died.

In latest development, Rapporteur of the Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Hossein Naqavi Hosseini told Tasnim that gunfire still continues, but the security forces have the situation under control.

11:36 One of Imam Khomeini Mausoleum attackers has reportedly killed himself by swallowing cyanide

Date
2017.06.07 / 11:33
Author
Axar.az
See also

Israel says Hamas commander killed in central Gaza strike

2,652 UAVs launched toward Moscow region in one week

Russia strikes cargo ship at Ukraine’s Chornomorsk port

10 injured in drone attack on Sevastopol

Putin: Kyiv opened 'Pandora’s box' by striking Russia

Ghalibaf: Iran receives messages on new regional order

Israel says it warned Syria before Abu Duhur strike

Iran’s army shifts from defensive to offensive doctrine

12 suspects detained in second Kuris operation in Turkiye

Ukrainian military losses updated on day 1641

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla